Monday, June 6, 2011

Robert Moore workshop



OK, I know I am a major slacker but I have painted some. I am really behind on my blog, though, because it still intimidates me. Last month I went to a fabulous Robert Moore workshop in beautiful Declo, Idaho. Especially in spring, it was pastoral and almost every where I looked, there was a possible painting. I took a lot of pictures for the future.
We started with a couple of tonal paintings using burnt umber and white. This always makes for stronger compositions because the focus is on dark and light and how the space is divided between the two.

I like going to workshops, because it helps me get out of whatever rut I have been in and makes me try new things or revisit techniques that I had not used for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment