Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Painting #4 Addie

This is part of a painting. I had her full body, but it was an odd angle and I didn't like it so I will probably crop it to something like this. I always paint on boards so it is easy to cut off if I feel like it makes a stronger composition. So far I have not used underpaintings with any of these 4 new works. This is new for me. I have found that I like the clarity of the colors on white and I have used color mingling to unify, maybe not enough,though.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mary Anne - thanks for including me in your Blog list. The paintings look great - you really have a wonderful talent! I will put your blog on my Favorites list and check in regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great goal to paint 50 paintings. You are one busy lady! It's fun to see your work here, because otherwise it seems like months go by without looking at what you've been working on. This is very cute of Addie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you cropped this. I think her face was the best part of it, and I must say, out of all of the front facing portraits you've done of family members this one looks the most like your subject.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love the new work. You have turned on the lights. Nice clean color! Love the little girl.
    Soon, Tricia

    ReplyDelete